Yes it’s true we are looking for creative teams (Junior and Senior) at Dare.
I get a lot of emails from teams, which is nice, but I don’t open all of them and I won’t be able to respond to every single one, apologies for that.
With that in mind I thought it might be useful to give some tips on how to surface on top of the rubbish heap that is my inbox.
1. Don’t use LinkedIn. It takes three clicks to find my real email address online.
2. Help me to remember you. Give yourself an edge. A quirky URL is a good starting point. Don’t go with the generic nameAandnameB.com unless of course your names are Baxter Toadstool and Klaus Nudelstiel. There are only so many mattanddave.com’s I can remember.
3. Put a little personal note about yourself in the email and why you want to work at Dare. Be specific. Obvious stuff. NOONE does this.
4. Keep your email short. Don’t write an essay.
5. Pick something from your portfolio you think I should see first.
6. Try not to use Carbonmade or one of those generic portfolio making sites to show your work. You are much better than that. Do your own site.
7. Don’t email me Friday night or on a Saturday. I might see your email, but will have forgotten all about it come Monday.
Thank you. You have been a wonderful audience.